Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Health Issues > General Health Matters

Notices
General Health Matters From Runny Eyes to Dentistry

Old 01-04-2011, 01:03 PM

Default dog being sick during night

i was wondering if any of you guys no why my leo is waking up during the being sick with yellow greeny sick and once during the day yestaday x
Old 01-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Do you mean the yellow bile (stinky stuff)? All my dogs do this sometimes, but Candy seems to do it the most, its meant to be when they have an empty tummy and they need some food, but my lot seem to be always eating so i dont know....

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:47 PM

it sounds like bile. It could be because he's eaten something funny off the ground, or eaten grass to make him sick or that his little tummy is a little empty.... this is very common and nothing to worry about.
Try giving him a biscuit before bed.
If the sick continues and he seems off colour else where, like his bowel movements or goes off his food then get a vet to check him out; but it does sound like common bile that lots of doggies get.
x
Doggy Daughter: Gemma
Old 01-04-2011, 04:41 PM

A couple of mornings Comet has brought up yellowy, slightly frothy bile when we've been out on our walk so now I give him a biscuit before we go. I give them their breakfast when we get back as I don't like to walk them straight after a meal.

The biscuit seems to have worked so that must be an empty tum. Could that be his problem?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Administrator

If you have had Leo out where he can eat grass then this could be it - this is more common with eating grass and dogs eat grass to make themselves sick to rid themselves of whatever is making them feel unwell so its very natural. If this continues for more than two days, then take Leo to the vet to have him checked out. Hope he is feeling better now x

Old 01-04-2011, 09:53 PM

yes Toby often gets this hun, and i put it down to hes not eaten enough food, or even no food that day, because its just yellow bile and no bits of food in it.

he is the laziest dog in town and it wouldnt surprise me if he didnt get up off his bum and went to the kitchen to eat. sometimes gets this late morning if he hasnt been bothered to get up and eat his breakfast. so then i will stand and make sure he has something to eat then hes fine. i put it down to this because when ive actually seen him eat his meals, theres no yellow foam coming up.

ive just noticed youre from newcastle, im from co.durham