Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Health Issues > Insurance

Notices
Insurance Discussion about Insurance in general and insuring our Apsos

Old 05-15-2017, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Default Knew it wouldn't last...........

Ever since Tink was diagnosed I've applauded the Co-Op pet insurance, they have always been fair and premiums have only gone up a few pounds each year..........until now. Ok Tink has just turned 4 ( wow where has the time gone) and she is poorly but no different from last year, the year before etc and I've paid myself for any tests like the biopsy she had recently @ £80 ( it would have incurred an excess of the same amount almost) so not to upset "the under writers" but now they have put the premium up to almost £40 per month from £25 Ok it might not seem too bad to some premiums out there but it's the size of the hike compared to all the previous years.If this is their policy to hike premiums up at 4years ( they said it was her age when I contacted them) I would suggest anyone looking for insurance to ask perspective insurer their "age" policy. xxxx
Old 05-15-2017, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Crikey Sue, that's a good hike, 60%!!!!!I didn't think insurers used age to hike prices up until the dog reached 8 years old......obviously I'm wrong. xx

www.etsy.com/uk/shop/thepetparacordstudio
Handmade paracord leads, collars and other items
Old 05-15-2017, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

I'm with RSA through Argos Charlie has been insured complete with cover for his heart murmur with the amendment that says
" we will pay for any treatment arising from a heart murmur for a period of 12 months from date of first treatment . "

Well with that clause included his premium per month for years 1-3 was between £7 and £8
Year four was 8.85. Then the hike to 12.50 pm at last renewal , he's now 6 so what it will be this year I don't know but I think that extra amendment that they put in each year is worth a few quid if ever it rears its ugly head .
Old 05-16-2017, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Tink is fully covered for her liver shunt and anything arising from it as well as ( god forbid) any new conditions and there's no time limit for the conditions to run and I've always said it's been a very good company . But I was shocked by the price rise and the given reason for it .
Nick is the £12.50 pm on top of your premium or is that the total of your premium.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:40 AM
Administrator

I had Argos pet insurance for my old collie Jay and Cleo the cat. The premium went up yearly and when Jay reached age 10, the premium virtually doubled. So I cancelled the insurance and opened a bank savings account for my pets instead. This works well for us.

My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes. -
Old 05-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlillytopknot View Post
Tink is fully covered for her liver shunt and anything arising from it as well as ( god forbid) any new conditions and there's no time limit for the conditions to run and I've always said it's been a very good company . But I was shocked by the price rise and the given reason for it .
Nick is the £12.50 pm on top of your premium or is that the total of your premium.
That's the total monthly payment x
Old 05-17-2017, 01:27 PM
Administrator

WOW!!! That is one hell of a jump! Scandalous! They do charge more as a dog ages but this is one big rise in one lump! Nick's insurers sound the best so I would give them a try hun ............. this society is all about money, money, money!!!

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry onĒ

Old 05-17-2017, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Nicks insurers sound very good but I wouldn't get cover for Tinks condition if I changed over so they've pretty much got me over a barrel. I will from now on though claim for everything as they are going to put up the premiums up anyway xxxx
Old 05-19-2017, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Insurance companies are all the same, ok at first then they bang up the cost if/when you claim xx

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!