Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Lhasa Apso Discussions > Affiliated Clubs

Notices
Affiliated Clubs Lhasa Apso breed club listings

Old 09-03-2011, 11:30 PM

Exclamation Midlands Lhasa Apso Assoc

The following is my own experience of Midlands Lhasa Apso Assoc, I only want to share my thoughts and get feedback of your experiences.

Has anyone on this forum had or have any dealings with the midlands lhasa apso assoc. I sent an application for adopting apso, over a week ago, as I would be due a home inspection, I thought I would of at least received a call or email to confirm - nothing!
Slightly dishearten that an organisation would operate in this manner. or is it just me being impatient? though I will admit maybe my back is up because I did have to call them, to confirm if it was alright if I emailed their application as their process wanted me to print out application, complete and post, - what!!! in this day in age. but I digress!
so I called them, if it was acceptable to email application and to confirm email address. and the abrupt response was...... I think so! no other information was forth coming. I'm was speechless and for obvious reasons not very helpful
Old 09-04-2011, 12:13 AM

That sounds a bit poo to me! I have had no dealings with them no but it would be them I go to when i am ready for my next Lhasa.
I had the same response from the cats home by where I live really grumpy on the phone and in the end I decided not to go to them.
I would give it till Monday and then call them to see if they had recieved it (just say your email was playing up or something and you were not sure it had gone through) . . . A little white lie but you need to know whats going on with out been seen as been "pushy" by them. Let me know how you get on.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:54 AM

Is it an Association with paid staff members ? or are they volunteers ?

If they are paid it could be a bit unprofessional of them but if they are just people kindly volunteering their time and expertise, you should be a bit easier on them!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

They dont sound very helpful.

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

It always amazes me how organisations that are supposed to be helping animals don't seem to have much thought. About 4 years ago we were on hols in Hunstanton with our last 2 Apsos. In the RSPCA charity shop there was a list of dogs needing a home... one was a gorgeous Apso called Lilly, friendly with people and dogs, needed rehoming due to owners circumstances changing. Hubby didn't need much.if any.. persuading to see if we could take her. The lady who delt with the rehoming was actually in the shop..went in spoke to one of the assistants explained why I was there and that I was from Leicestershire.. because of home visits....and that I had my other 2 who wre 16 if she wanted to check them... shop assistant said I sounded great, ideal person. Lady who did the rehoming said bluntly NO she will be rehomed in this area!! So Lilly could have had a home that day/ week but no I really dislike the RSPCA, as far as I can see they're in it for the money not the animals
Old 09-04-2011, 11:58 AM

These are the people I sent an aplication to back in May

NORTH OF ENGLAND LHASA APSO CLUB
http://www.noelac.org/

And I've got to say I am highly disappointed as I have never even had confirmation of receipt of my application let alone anything else - it personally makes me wonder how these so-called rescues ever manage to place the poor dogs
Old 09-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Hang on a minute, the breed clubs are all members who volunteer their services, they do not get paid and often do a brilliant job, having been on a commitee myself i know what goes on behind the scenes.
Rescue is entirely different, if you wish to rescue a dog you must contact the relevant rescue officer for that organisation who are always more than happy to hear from you, and in most cases extremely helpful.
I suggest if anyone is looking for a rescue they go to the lhasa apso club website where they will find contact details for Linda Owen who does rescue. she works extremely hard and it is voluntary, she spends many sleepless nights worrying, i know because i speak to her often.
If anyone is having problems contacting a rescue officer you aremore than welcome to email me lynchurch@askja.co.uk and i will give you Lindas contact details.
As for the RSPCA well the least said about them the better, at least our breed rescues care where the dogs go, they are more concerned with the right homes than geography!
Lyn
Im sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties, but as i say this is a voluntary group who try work together for the benefit of the breed,
Old 09-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

I think the problem with the MLAA is the contact details for rescue are still that of Joan Scarll . Maybe thats not helping?
Old 09-04-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummybear View Post
These are the people I sent an aplication to back in May

NORTH OF ENGLAND LHASA APSO CLUB
http://www.noelac.org/

And I've got to say I am highly disappointed as I have never even had confirmation of receipt of my application let alone anything else - it personally makes me wonder how these so-called rescues ever manage to place the poor dogs
Sorry I was half way between 2 different subjects in the one post and didn't explain myself very well and think some of my post went missing too - probably my fault lol

As for the Lhasa Apso club - I still feel let down by the fact I didn't even get an acknowledgment even a standard email which takes 2 mins if that to send out, but didn't get my knickers in a twist about it as I did end up with a rescue anyway.

As for the rescue places some, not all, are very poor with information even when you ring them which brings into play when I mentioned it's a wonder they manage to find homes for the poor dogs.

Just to add a lot of these places, with either voluntary or paid workers, still need to at least acknowledge enquiries they could be missing out on placing the dogs in really good homes - obviously this is just a personal opinion
Old 09-05-2011, 08:28 AM
queenbe

I have said on here before that I am on the Lhasa Apso Club Committee so if anyone on here wants any information regarding any of the Breed Clubs just ask.

The rescue officers are all volunteers and they take in many dogs that are successfully re-homed and do a sterling job. While I cannot say why you have not heard it could be that at the moment they are busy themselves with their own dogs or family. They do not only have rescue to think about. Like most of us they are busy people.

I am sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the lack of response but if you would like to PM me with your details and what you are looking for, or better still exchange phone numbers so we can chat and then I could speak on your behalf if appropriate, as that is always better.

It could be that at the moment they have a waiting list and you may have to wait a while and maybe that's why you have not heard yet. I understand a quick 'thank you for your application' would have been nice and preferable but as I say they are only volunteers and none of us are perfect.

They do however care passionately about the Lhasas' that come into their care and we should not lose sight of that.

If anyone would like more information about any breed club rescue, please PM me and I will be happy to help.