Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Health Issues > Veterinary Discussions

Notices
Veterinary Discussions Discussions about your experiences with your Vet and related topics

Old 11-16-2016, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Oh lordy, so sorry to hear that it actually could be senile dementia with Chloe ......... Chloe has been through the wars and back but what a trooper she has been through all this. It's heart breaking to know that she could be deteriorating in one way or another hun but I know that you will do all that you can for her and I also know that Chloe herself will trundle on in her own way .... she seems to defy all odds doesn't she. I hope all goes well with the blood works today Rachel. At least you have sorted out her pain with the gums so she will feel some relief already. This aside I had to laugh though when you said she clamped her jaw shut lol lol .......... even through all this, she still can make us all giggle. I love this little one as you know ..... huge hugs and kisses from me for Chloe xxxxx

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 11-16-2016, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Awww God bless you Rachel and your wee Chloe. Hopefully the Meds will improve her quality of life. Alas there is only so much we can do and you are doing your very best..xx

My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes. -
Old 11-16-2016, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch View Post
Oh lordy, so sorry to hear that it actually could be senile dementia with Chloe ......... Chloe has been through the wars and back but what a trooper she has been through all this. It's heart breaking to know that she could be deteriorating in one way or another hun but I know that you will do all that you can for her and I also know that Chloe herself will trundle on in her own way .... she seems to defy all odds doesn't she. I hope all goes well with the blood works today Rachel. At least you have sorted out her pain with the gums so she will feel some relief already. This aside I had to laugh though when you said she clamped her jaw shut lol lol .......... even through all this, she still can make us all giggle. I love this little one as you know ..... huge hugs and kisses from me for Chloe xxxxx

Chloe's at the vets now, waiting for them to call so i can go for her, 'trundle' is such a good word for Chloe, she just carries on regardless. When you try going in her mouth she really objects and she is so strong theres no way she will let you in lol xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsiepops View Post
Awww God bless you Rachel and your wee Chloe. Hopefully the Meds will improve her quality of life. Alas there is only so much we can do and you are doing your very best..xx
Thanks, I cant bear the thought of anything happening to her, which is daft because i know she is on borrowed time I will do everything possible to help her and as long as she is ok we shall carry on xx

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!
Old 11-16-2016, 02:53 PM

Thumbs up

Crossing everything for good results for Chloe's blood work hun.
I hope the Metacam works for her toothy pain, Chloe being the little super trooper that she is it's easy to forget sometimes that she's 14 1/2.
She's got the bestest Mummy.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Rachel sending best wishes to you and Chloe , I hope she rallies and shows the trooper she is , for you and her xx
That said I've been reading a few logs that say canine pain relief is now as good as human and that dogs that were pts due to pain in the past can now live longer more comfortable lives .
Something I'm definitely going to explore when Charlie is older .
For the time being though let's all pray Chloe bounces back xxx
Old 11-16-2016, 05:06 PM
Administrator

How is little Chloe now Rachel? xx

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 11-16-2016, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
Crossing everything for good results for Chloe's blood work hun.
I hope the Metacam works for her toothy pain, Chloe being the little super trooper that she is it's easy to forget sometimes that she's 14 1/2.
She's got the bestest Mummy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieboy View Post
Hi Rachel sending best wishes to you and Chloe , I hope she rallies and shows the trooper she is , for you and her xx
That said I've been reading a few logs that say canine pain relief is now as good as human and that dogs that were pts due to pain in the past can now live longer more comfortable lives .
Something I'm definitely going to explore when Charlie is older .
For the time being though let's all pray Chloe bounces back xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch View Post
How is little Chloe now Rachel? xx
Thank you so much Nia & Nick & Lia Chloe was at the vets till 3-30 as i figured whilst she was there the groomer could bath her and clip her hair, she looks bootiful now The vet called me a while ago with the results. The blood tests showed quite high liver cells in her ALT & Alkaline which means 1) could be Cushings related or 2) could be liver problems/tumour the only way to know for sure would be a liver biopsy and i dont want to put Chloe through that, he doesnt think its Cushings as her other bloods for that were showing things were controlled. So basically leave her as she is, just monitor, see how her meds go and keep an eye on her weight, i will take her to be weighed again in a couple of weeks. (hope i have remembered everything right) Bless her she is all tuckered out love my little sweetie pie xxxx

Old 11-17-2016, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Aww bless you both. Little Chloe has the best mum in the world . Hugs and kisses xxxx
Old 11-18-2016, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Sue, here's Chloe... took this today xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0566.jpg (46.9 KB, 8 views)

Old 11-18-2016, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Awww such a sweet little poppet . Give her a big kiss n cuddle from me please xxxx