Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Health Issues > Veterinary Discussions

Notices
Veterinary Discussions Discussions about your experiences with your Vet and related topics

Old 08-22-2016, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Nobivac Lepto4

Has anyone's vet offered to give your dogs the Lepto4 inoculation? If so, hold back for a mo. Lyn, does your vet have this? It has come to light that a breeder and owner of Labradors (sure it was Labs) allowed her vet to give her dogs the Lepto 4 ... two days later, her dogs were dead!

Please read this ............ http://www.dogsfirst.ie/leptospirosi...dreds-of-dogs/

I have been added to the site on fb called 'Shot in the Dark' ... here is one poster ........

Bridgette Evans

19 August at 16:26

Claudia Bosch-Swaen - Warning! Our dear chika sick after vaccination!
A few weeks ago for the annual vaccination has been. There was a new vaccine advised against Weil's disease. This vaccination after a few weeks had to be repeated. Nobivac L 4, is the name of the stuff.

Within a few days after the 2th graft (repeat) was chika sick as a dog. - shivering, fever, pain (crying), overall malaise. Rushed to the doctor. She had a big abscess in the place where the syringe was ta...ken. She got syringes (antibiotics and painkillers) and tablets. This seemed to me like that. The next week, however, is the abscess have sprung, so back to doctor. Hairs around were shaved off and there were new treatments and several visits to the doctor.

Now we're a few weeks ago. She has a dark / Black spot on her side, where no hair growth is more. Doctor says this probably will not go away and advises a cortisoncrème. We are sad and feel guilty, that we are so healthy and vibrant, fun-loving dog got vaccinated, with something she is so sick of mind! Looked on the internet tonight, and what shows: one article after the other! Doggies after vaccination with this substance be sick to be blind, seizures, etc.. in the worst case scenario, death within a week! In England, died, hundreds of animals appear to be, after this vaccination!
We had it but never do it!

That's why this warning.

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 08-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Need to bump this up folks x

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 08-22-2016, 03:46 PM

Coop had canigen : DHPPi + Lepto 2 while with breeder when i took him to my vet she wasn't happy with these so restarted his vacs,
he has already Had Nobivac DHP + L4 ....
hes due for his second jabs tomorrow , for DHP+ KC+ Worm + advocate

had no problems though, but doesn't that say hes having a second dhp is this right?
Old 08-22-2016, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

B****y hell!! My vet doesn't push any vaccines to be honest. I've always worried about Lepto vaccines as I'm sure I've read that Lepto is the most dangerous disease to contract and the vac for it has the most serious side effects xx
Old 08-22-2016, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink View Post
Coop had canigen : DHPPi + Lepto 2 while with breeder when i took him to my vet she wasn't happy with these so restarted his vacs,
he has already Had Nobivac DHP + L4 ....
hes due for his second jabs tomorrow , for DHP+ KC+ Worm + advocate

had no problems though, but doesn't that say hes having a second dhp is this right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine archie View Post
B****y hell!! My vet doesn't push any vaccines to be honest. I've always worried about Lepto vaccines as I'm sure I've read that Lepto is the most dangerous disease to contract and the vac for it has the most serious side effects xx

Belle, not sure as everything has changed since mine were all pups .... Elaine, same here .... my vet knows not to mention any vaccines to me now ............ ladies, this is an excerpt I found ... Belle, it mentioned the one you have mentioned ......

I've been breeding for 20+ years and in all that time have had one vaccine reaction. Recently used the new Nobivac Lepto 4 had various reactions in both adults and all six puppies. Reaction kicked in firstly 24 hours after the second shot, swollen lymph glands from pea to golf ball size and swelling at the injection site.

However 4 weeks after the second shot the puppy I had retained both injections site became swollen the second to the size of a tennis ball and both adults weren't right one had a vestibular episode. Taking to facebook I was contacted by many people (28 uk and overseas multiple breeds) who had had similar problems and the fact that MSD (the company that makes the vaccine) were paying all my vet bills made me highly suspect.

Last month MSD sent a letter out to every vet in the country and also published in the BVA journals an update on various vaccines, which clearly states that the Lepto 4 and the Rabies vaccines should not be mixed with the DHP or DHPPi vaccines.

I certainly won't EVER be using it again. The only think I would dispute is that the lump exceeded 5cm and rather than take 5 weeks to disperse is still visible at 6 months. No need for comments this is merely a warning.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:04 AM

He has already had it
Old 08-23-2016, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Toots and Loops had their leptospirosis booster mid June.
The vaccine used was Nobivac Lepto 2 and no side effects.

Thanks for the heads up. I shall be mentioning this to my vet, next time.

My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes. -
Old 08-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

OMG this is very worrying. Our vet is talking about starting Tinks vacination program up again so she can be walked away from just our garden. I'll definately be taking this information with me , thank you Lia xxxx
Old 08-23-2016, 09:00 PM
Administrator

I have no idea about the lepto2 ladies but can only say about the Lepto4. Don't forget there is a special page on fb called 'Shot in the Dark' about all this if you want to take a look.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:42 PM

Ok so coop had all his jabs and he did have the two hep4 ones, so far i have not seen any change in him no sickness its been a good 4 weeks i think since the last one, so touch wood!! (yes i did lol) all is good.
he is alot more "barky" thou now still not really as much as pixie next door lol but still enough to be like .