Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Health Issues > Veterinary Discussions

Notices
Veterinary Discussions Discussions about your experiences with your Vet and related topics

Old 02-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpram View Post
I will do hun, maybe they already do it and i just dont know about it...xx
They could well be Rachel ... Your vets have known you and your's for long enough now so should know they can trust you x

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine archie View Post
That is a brilliant idea Lia xx
As long as you can prove the amount will be made each month, then there will not be a problem eg: Direct Debit etc .... sometimes you can pay into insurance for years and never have cause to use it .... so it ends up as 'dead money' ..... paying directly into your own vet account, the money is 'live money' ... to be used as and when needed and if the day arrives and you have to say goodbye (dread) ... and the decision is made to never have a dog again, whatever is left in the 'account' will be repaid .... insurance companies would never do this.

On the other end of the scale, say there was only £250 in and sudden treatment came to £500 for example, you wouldnt have to worry because your vet knows the monthly amounts will be paid in regularly and with this, the difference will be cleared anyway. Then, you start again to rebuild the account. Xx

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 02-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

It is a fab idea but in my circumstances im so glad I was insured from the off but let's face it my case is probably not the norm. I think if I had to do it all again I would take up the "free month" insurance from the breeder , have a thorough check up including bloods and if everything clear start a vets saving plan like you do Lia . Like you say the money is always available and in years to come if it has t been touched it is still there for the next one or returnable . Brilliant Idea xxxx
Old 02-04-2016, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlillytopknot View Post
It is a fab idea but in my circumstances im so glad I was insured from the off but let's face it my case is probably not the norm. I think if I had to do it all again I would take up the "free month" insurance from the breeder , have a thorough check up including bloods and if everything clear start a vets saving plan like you do Lia . Like you say the money is always available and in years to come if it has t been touched it is still there for the next one or returnable . Brilliant Idea xxxx
Yes your's with Tinks is definitely a different scenario hun but glad you think my vet account is a great idea ....... just wish I thought about this years ago instead of pumping it into the insurers who I think I only used once when Honey was spayed when she contracted open pyometra ......... the rest was in the insurers 'pockets' xx

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”