Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Health Issues > Veterinary Discussions

Notices
Veterinary Discussions Discussions about your experiences with your Vet and related topics

Old 07-06-2015, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Going on holiday?

Before you go, look for the contact details of the nearest vet and put them in your phone. Then at least they are to hand, should you be unlucky enough to need a vet xx
Old 07-06-2015, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Good idea Elaine xxxx
Old 07-06-2015, 11:48 PM
Administrator

I did this 'after' Honey had to visit a vet when in Norfolk (remember the eye business)? ...... now I know where to go if needed when we go back xx

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 07-07-2015, 09:51 AM

Thumbs up

Great advice Elaine. 👍👍👍
Old 07-14-2015, 02:07 PM

Sorry, This should be in Going on Holiday, but the info could be sent to vets too.

Another thing I'd suggest is to type a detailed description of your dog (or whatever) with a current photo. Take a printed version and a copy on a chip and keep it in your purse or bag. If the worst should happen you're all set to get the details copied and displayed...

Adding the word 'REWARD' doesn't hurt either.

A few years ago a friend of mine lost her King Charles Spaniel when the lil' devil escaped from a static caravan. Within half an hour (having searched high and low aided by her grandchildren and their friends) she'd a flier on the main door of the caravan, one in the on-site shop and handed one to a member of the grounds team... She got him back about 4 hrs later (after reporting him lost to the local bobbies) when a fellow holiday maker saw him in the grounds of a local watering hole, remembered seeing a flier, caught him (with his tie as a lead) phoned her number from the collar tags and effected a happy reunion...

She said it was the worst afternoon of her and the family's lives, but having the little flier prepared made all the difference. She even handed one to the community police hut (that's how she described it lol) when she reported him lost and gave them his chip number Once they'd recorded the details they put it in the tourist information display case and commended her for my foresight lol!

Another important thing is to notify your chip registry of your temporary change of address. They usually have an online thing where you can say where your dog will be staying and for how long. This is particularly handy if your going abroad and either housing your pooch with friends/family or puting him/her in kennels as the custodial parties will be contacted direct. It's obviously handy if your fluffter is with you and goes AWOL...

Hope this helps
Elaine

Last edited by Elaine67; 07-14-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Very good idea Elaine xx
Old 07-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Excellent additional advice to add to Elaine No 1's opening thread, Elaine No 2

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”