Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Health Issues > Veterinary Discussions

Notices
Veterinary Discussions Discussions about your experiences with your Vet and related topics

Old 08-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

My vets have been lovely. The nurse there told me she left her last job because she was told to google where clients lived. She refused and left ASAP . I've just had the breakdown for Tinks scans at Dewsbury it comes to £1479.38. Goodness knows what the surgery will cost. It's a pity Lyns vets is so far away I feel we would all be registering with him for his honesty and caring. I appreciate we need them and you have to pay for expertise but I also believe you shouldn't rip people off either xxxx
Old 08-21-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweranni View Post
My advice is also to look for low cost veterinary services ... call up clinics in lower-income areas. Also, use a post office box address. And tell them that your Lhasa is some kind of mutt that you suspect is a shih tzu mix --- that might help reduce the cost.
When I lived in Kent I used to take my cat (didn't have a dog then as working full time) to a vet in the "rough" end of town. The waiting room was distinctly shabby with lino on the floor and mismatched chairs, and no appointments - you were seen in the order you came. The care was as good if not better than the vet I used to go to in a more affluent area and the prices were much lower. They even opened for me specially on a Sunday when my cat had been very ill the previous day to see how the treatment was working, and I don't even remember paying for that. I would rather pay for cheap lino, rickety chairs and good animal care than pay vets who have glammed up surgeries at our expense.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Totally agree Hisoka. People go to a vets for good vet care, not for the decor..

My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes. -
Old 08-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Administrator

I have to agree x

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry onĒ