Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Training > Training The Lhasa Apso

Notices
Training The Lhasa Apso Apsos are easier to train than you think. Share your experiences and advice

Old 09-14-2014, 08:56 AM
Administrator

LMHO lol lol oh my word lol did I enjoy watching your video lol ... what a fabulous little lady she is just love the 'sit pretty' poses but I was in stitches at the beginning when you first said 'Calliope, shake' ..... the way she tilted her head and looked at you was classic lol lol as if she was thinking 'oh darn, here we go again with the shake' lol lol .... what a great way to start the day with the most loving little furry creature making me giggle lol .... I can clearly see what a fabulous home she has with you, so full of love and adoration ... you have the patience of an angel and she is so lucky to have you as her mom - and you are so lucky to have her as your canine kid ... this is pure dedication on your part my friend

And by the way, you look absolutely fine to me

Can I just ask how you are pronouncing Calliope? I'm saying it like 'Calli-o-pee' ... but it sounds as though you are pronouncing it 'Call-eye-p-ee' ??? Or 'Cla-eye-pee' ??? lol lol sorry, just thought I would ask

Thank you for sharing - made my day xxx

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 09-14-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch View Post
LMHO lol lol oh my word lol did I enjoy watching your video lol ... what a fabulous little lady she is just love the 'sit pretty' poses but I was in stitches at the beginning when you first said 'Calliope, shake' ..... the way she tilted her head and looked at you was classic lol lol as if she was thinking 'oh darn, here we go again with the shake' lol lol .... what a great way to start the day with the most loving little furry creature making me giggle lol .... I can clearly see what a fabulous home she has with you, so full of love and adoration ... you have the patience of an angel and she is so lucky to have you as her mom - and you are so lucky to have her as your canine kid ... this is pure dedication on your part my friend

And by the way, you look absolutely fine to me

Can I just ask how you are pronouncing Calliope? I'm saying it like 'Calli-o-pee' ... but it sounds as though you are pronouncing it 'Call-eye-p-ee' ??? Or 'Cla-eye-pee' ??? lol lol sorry, just thought I would ask

Thank you for sharing - made my day xxx
LoL, sure! It's pronounced Kah-Lie-Oh-Pee. I re-watched the video after posting and when she was barking back at me, I noticed it was a similar tone to my "shake" command.

When I was trying to find the command for "sit pretty," she gave me a hard time. Now it's all she wants to do It's almost like she's thinking "hey, you really wanted me to do this last week, so here it is! Now you want something else? No, I'm doing this. Give me that cheese!"

She makes me laugh every day. I'm just happy I can share her with you
Old 09-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Aww i loved watching this, Calliope is just a little darling xx

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Awww, she is soooo gorgeous, I loved watching you both together. With her little tail wagging like mad you can see how much she enjoys being with you ....fantastic xx
Old 09-14-2014, 09:41 PM

Wow what a fantastic dog she is very clever .a joy to watch.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:20 AM

After getting feedback from a family member, we believe that Calliope thinks I am saying "speak."

Makes sense...alsk, it would explain her frustration with me

I'll have to adjust the command to "shake hands" or "paw" or whatever else is commonly used
Old 09-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
After getting feedback from a family member, we believe that Calliope thinks I am saying "speak."

Makes sense...alsk, it would explain her frustration with me

I'll have to adjust the command to "shake hands" or "paw" or whatever else is commonly used
Thanks for confirmation of how you are pronouncing her name ... and I agree that it could be that she is confusing the word 'shake' with 'speak' ... highly likely actually. At least you now know and another word/phrase could be used ........ no wonder she looked at you with head tilted to one side lol she would have been thinking 'why on earth is she repeating the word 'speak' when I'm doing as she asks' lol

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 09-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

LOL bless her.... 'paw' would be better xx

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!
Old 09-16-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch View Post
Thanks for confirmation of how you are pronouncing her name ... and I agree that it could be that she is confusing the word 'shake' with 'speak' ... highly likely actually. At least you now know and another word/phrase could be used ........ no wonder she looked at you with head tilted to one side lol she would have been thinking 'why on earth is she repeating the word 'speak' when I'm doing as she asks' lol
She has to train me to do these tricks properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpram View Post
LOL bless her.... 'paw' would be better xx
That's what I'll use going forward

I was just in the kitchen and pulled out some meat to make a sandwich. I turned my head and Calliope was "sitting pretty."

I made her "shake" (and she did it)...then I tried "high five!" It worked! She hasn't responded to "high five" in the past. There was, after all, tasty meat involved so she would probably have done just about anything to get some.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
There was, after all, tasty meat involved so she would probably have done just about anything to get some.
Lol lol when there is tasty meat, they will do literally anything lol lol