Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Training > Training The Lhasa Apso

Notices
Training The Lhasa Apso Apsos are easier to train than you think. Share your experiences and advice

Old 08-05-2014, 02:27 AM

i know not many like him but as i say i changed my mind on cesar millan and that vid i saw where i said it was stupid of course the dog was going to bite, well i since then seen the whole vid and actually i would think it had calmed down too, i really like cesar millan and he really knows dogs, better than anyone, n he works with some of the hardest helping them get a second chance and teaching ppl about where they go wrong too, i think hes amazing altho for me and i dont know if this is true as i never seen a clip of him suggesting it but no i dont agree with any shock collar device but i myself have not seen this from him, anyway heres a link cesar working to help a groomer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJJ7cvj0xw
Old 08-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Administrator

brilliant video, great tips on handling problem dogs...Thanks Tara...

My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes. -
Old 08-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Will watch this later hun xx

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:17 PM

I totally lost interest in video taping our grooming sessions. The videos take so long to edit

So, what has been going on? Well...she's still nipping me. We've made progress using the grooming table, however she loses patience more often. I have to give her multiple breaks.

I get her mostly blown-dry, then we go for a walk. Once her pent-up frustration is spent, I put her back on the grooming table to finish the blow-dry.

Then I let her run around the house a bit and play with her. Once she's tuckered out, I get her back on the grooming table to finish brushing her.

I haven't tried the muzzle and I think it will add to her frustration. At the moment she thinks it's a treat dispenser. She lets me put it on her, but then looks at me as if she's saying "Does this amuse you? I am not amused."

I noticed the other day that it was time to trim her tummy fur. I was not looking forward to it. I put it off for a couple days, and when I was ready to take care of it last night, it had already started matting up I had to resort to my old method of grooming: a plate covered in peanut butter to keep the pup occupied while I crawled around on the floor doing my best not to nip her skin. Thankfully, I was successful, but I just hate working blind like that! I can't see what I'm doing and have to rely on feeling the hair I need to cut.

Today is bath day, but for now it's pup cuddling time!
Old 09-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
anyway heres a link cesar working to help a groomer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJJ7cvj0xw
Won't play for me hun - says its private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope View Post

Today is bath day, but for now it's pup cuddling time!
I like the 'pup cuddling time' ... I think sometimes we find our own way with our canine kids and if you can manage better 'your way', then I would say carry on doing as you do best if this makes life easier and more comfortable for Calli ......... and for you x

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry onĒ