Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Health Issues > General Health Matters

General Health Matters From Runny Eyes to Dentistry

Old 07-17-2017, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by charlieboy View Post
Charlie jumps everywhere , onto the sofa , the bed , for his ball,toys etc but suddenly this morning was reluctant to jump upon to the sofa struggled to , dragging his rear right leg , jumped down ok and appeared to climb stairs ok but not normal jaunty self more rabbit hops ? Took him to field for walk walked fine , trotted fine , when I threw stick .....no speed just trot . Rang vet from field lol explained what I was seeing and they arranged to see him on way home , lots of manipulating squeezing , moving nothing? , took us outback to watch walking and step climbing but we are all none the wiser as he was fine , she said she can see he is favouring his left leg but whatever she did there were no yelps , she has given him metacam injection and said I should lift him whenever I see him wanting up today and if no better at end of week to come back .what do you think ?
This afternoon I've walked in to the living room twice and found him on the sofa himself but each time I wasn't there to see him so don't know how he managed ? Getting down he seems fine ?.. I'm confused oh and £38 lighter which I suppose isn't bad for same hour appt and the jab.
I was going to say, do you think he could have a pulled muscle / achy muscle? But.......

Originally Posted by charlieboy View Post
Well ! The little bugger ain't as bad as I thought , I stuck ridgedly to his 20 minute walk on grass which clearly annoyed him lol , so I said to him " alright Nick will sit on this rock by the car park and you can have ten minutes sniffing the grass but no more walking" this we did , then two joggers came in and off flies Charlie like bloody roadrunner joining n their run ! Needless to say I got him back and off we went home , he's been up and down off the sofa this evening no apparent problem , and you should have seen the speed he went after those joggers .
I reckon the little bugger has been swinging the lead lol .
Needless to say I'm happy .
I think he's been enjoying the extra attention. I really had to laugh at the roadrunner bit!!!! I can just picture him xx
The Lhasa Apso............It's all about attitude!!
Old 07-19-2017, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Aww bless him, glad he is ok, he could have just pulled a muscle or something xx
Rachel & the Girls xx

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!
Old 07-19-2017, 10:34 PM

I take it he is still ok then Nick lol

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”