Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Genetics/Faults > Construction

Notices
Construction Discussions relating to the 'make-up'

Old 06-23-2015, 11:56 AM

This is great! What's hard is when I get customers thinking they have one or the other, but have been sold a cross between the two! You can see in their face they are not quite as they are supposed to be. Depending on the owner is weather I mention it or not...
Old 10-24-2015, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by budnlen View Post
This is great! What's hard is when I get customers thinking they have one or the other, but have been sold a cross between the two! You can see in their face they are not quite as they are supposed to be. Depending on the owner is weather I mention it or not...
You must see plenty like this Rebecca ........ I've got pics of a dog called Oxo who I have hopefully just found a home for (pending checks) .... when I first spoke with the present owner, it was 'my apso' ......... but it can be clearly seen that he is definitely crossed with 'a another' ...... nevertheless, still very cute indeed and a nice little dog who will make a lovely addition to the prospective new owner's resident dog

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 10-24-2015, 12:09 PM

Location: Oli and I reside in the "great northwest", about an hour from the Oregon shore - USA.

At least here, shih tzus are more common. Just the other day, Oli was accused of being one. Most people have heard of lhasas-though I find most folks Oli and I encounter think Lhasas are short haired. The man the other night though hadn't even heard of a Lhasa Apso. He had me say it twice- his first reply was "a what?" - then "that's a long word". Smirk. Two words sir...but I didn't go there. The people I got him from said he was full Lhasa but they said he was potty trained and socialized too. I read as much as I could find when I got him and found they are often mixed and passed off one or the other. I decided he was was awesome and left it there. I will always remember being at the vet years ago with a lady who grew up in a home where they bred Lhasas and she happened to be having a conversation with the receptionists about Lhasas and Shih Tzus and how they are often confused. She had a little lady dog that I honestly don't recall what she was, but I think a mix of the two - hence the conversation I walked into. I do recall the lady dog, sweet as could be and adorable too-was trying to get Oli's attention but failing. There came a point where they were looking at Oli being all stuck up - and having heard parts of their conversation I said "not sure what he is, was told Lhasa but wouldn't be surprised or disappointed to hear differently". The lady who's parents bred them, this is where I found out - says in a tone like it should've been abundantly obvious to everyone said Oli was without a doubt and completely Lhasa. She could've told me he was part duck and I'd love him the same but from that point - assumed that was something his previous owner didn't lie about. Having Oli for years now, and being super tuned to breed identification my whole life- I like to think I can tell them apart now even from a distance on the fly but this may be wishful thinking.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Administrator

You know Heather, I don't know how I missed this from back in 2015 but I found it now and let me tell you, you never cease to make me smile ........ and make my day my friend xx

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”