Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Genetics/Faults > Coat Type

Notices
Coat Type Discussions relating to the varying type

Old 02-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Smile Lhasa Puppy Cuts

As requested in the other thread (Types of Full Coats in Apsos - Enjoy!) ....... here are a few cuts (2 pages that are continued), they are not too dissimilar but its all I could find and the last three belong to myself - before going any further, I need to make this announcement ......

These photos (apart from my own) were taken from the net so if anyone is perusing the forum as a guest and any of these photos belong to you, there was no copyright mentioned so I hope this is ok, with your permission, to post these on here to help guide other members - I thank you in advance if this is the case

Im sure the following is Arthur belonging to our Sarah on here ??

CONTINUED ...........

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Administrator

CONT/.........

These are mine before I knew to grow Honey ........

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 02-03-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch View Post

Im sure the following is Arthur belonging to our Sarah on here ??

CONTINUED ...........
It certainly looks like Arthur. He's such a handsome boy.x
Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 PM

Thanks very much Lia.
Honey is gorgeous in those pictures. What age was she in the first one. Dylan and Lia's coat are kind of like that just now as I'm growing them. ( well I'm attempting to grow there coats ). It's at the awkward messy stage neither short or long lol

Last edited by Dylans mummy; 02-03-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Administrator

You are very welcome - I need to find more but if members who have had a puppy cut, it would be great if you could post them for differences - thanks in advance x

Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 PM

Inside I'm flinching, lol, I only have full coats here
Old 02-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffalicious View Post
Inside I'm flinching, lol, I only have full coats here
Well so do I Kirsty - the last three of Honey was before I knew any different when I first began with apsos - just like novices on here ............Ive learn't since and to be honest hun, if people prefer to keep their apsos in puppy cut, then its fine. Alot of breeders who take their apsos out of the ring cut them back for ease of grooming. Nothing wrong with this and its personal preference - me, I like mine in long coat just as you do but there may be a day when I need to cut them back - Im older than you remember lol lol and age does take its toll lol but, I will keep them 'long' for as long as I can x

Old 02-03-2013, 11:43 PM

I know wot u both mean and I can see why people do have shorties. Personaly I prefer them long as nature intended and when my health was taking a turn for the worst I couldn't keep them long as I just couldn't take care of there coat properly. It broke my heart but I did feel like for everyones sake including theres I had to have them cut. And yes I cried heaps when it was done. But at the time it was for the best.
Now my health has improved abit and hubby has more time to help out I really have the chance to get them back to how they were. So I'm just tidying up there underbelly as our weather is rotten and will see how things go. Fingers x my health stays the same and I can get my little lion man and princess fluff back to how they should be.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch View Post
Well so do I Kirsty - the last three of Honey was before I knew any different when I first began with apsos - just like novices on here ............Ive learn't since and to be honest hun, if people prefer to keep their apsos in puppy cut, then its fine. Alot of breeders who take their apsos out of the ring cut them back for ease of grooming. Nothing wrong with this and its personal preference - me, I like mine in long coat just as you do but there may be a day when I need to cut them back - Im older than you remember lol lol and age does take its toll lol but, I will keep them 'long' for as long as I can x
So Lia do you need to trim any bits atall now that they are all long.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Administrator

Oh Jen, I fully understand. Let me tell you, when the day comes when I know I will have to cut them back, I will cry buckets too because they have been in long coat now for so long and it will be a massive shock to my system but, needs must, if I was in your situation hun. Apsos can look just as gorgeous in shorter coats as you know but as you say, its preference and you wanted this but hey hun, even if you just get to the middle stage, it will be fine. There are so many different lengths and none are wrong at all (unless in show of course and which I do) but, this is not the reason I keep them all in long coat, I keep them all this way because its my preference only I admire you so much not only for your 'take' on all this but for your honesty and what you will try to strive to do with your 'kids' ......... your goal is yours, if you dont reach it - what the heck, they will still be beautiful and the most important thing is this ........... they are loved xxxx