Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Genetics/Faults > Coat Type

Notices
Coat Type Discussions relating to the varying type

Old 08-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Wow he is quite curley, Dolly is but not as much.... and i dont have any pictures that show it, seems to be when her hair gets to a certain length, but hers is more like a wave than a curl if you know what i mean.....

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpram View Post
Wow he is quite curley, Dolly is but not as much.... and i dont have any pictures that show it, seems to be when her hair gets to a certain length, but hers is more like a wave than a curl if you know what i mean.....
Tell me about it lol - I knew it'd be better to show pictures of him cos it's quite hard to describe really and the pics certainly give a clearer pic - taken with my Nikon by the way lol
Old 08-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummybear View Post
LOL okay will try lol, have even gone all the way up to the attic where I've got my grooming stuff set up to take pics lol

Here's the attachments I got with my dryer

Now in the first pic I use the attachment on the left to blast the coat to get most of the dampness out, then I use a combination or just 1 of the other 2 for drying.

In the 2nd pic the long arm thing at the bottom - well I've never used it cos I haven't a clue lol lol
What I'd like to know is which attachment do I need to use for doing what

Nero doesn't mind being dried but Seb isn't keen at all
The long arm with the attachment - take the attachment off and use the 'hose' as a blaster to take the extra water out of the coat. On the 1st pic, use the second one as the direction nozzle to concentrate on an 'area of coat' and when you do, make sure that 'that area' is dried from the roots before moving on to another area. The 3rd nozzle is fine as a 'finisher' on a cool setting. The reason I say use the 2nd nozzle in the pic is because the 'end' is not as wide as the 3rd one - so hence, its more directional - does this make sense? The 3rd one in my personal opinion would have a wider range of drying and you need to concentrate on 'one' area at one time.

Replace the attachment showing on the 'arm' at any time as this is directional also. The second one in the pic will do just as good as this attachment.

The rule of thumb is that we all find our own way and although you are not going to show (are you ?) - we find what is best for the coats - try them and you will know at the end of it which makes the coat lay better - its all trial and error hun xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 08-21-2011, 10:28 PM

WOW - I didn't even know you could get a Lhasa with waves - mine have stick straight hair . My Tzu's have nice natural wave , but it's in the breed standard - I like giving Clemmie a top knot curl , lol . Kirsty
Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummybear View Post
Tell me about it lol - I knew it'd be better to show pictures of him cos it's quite hard to describe really and the pics certainly give a clearer pic - taken with my Nikon by the way lol

LOL good choice of camera

Old 08-21-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch View Post
The long arm with the attachment - take the attachment off and use the 'hose' as a blaster to take the extra water out of the coat. On the 1st pic, use the second one as the direction nozzle to concentrate on an 'area of coat' and when you do, make sure that 'that area' is dried from the roots before moving on to another area. The 3rd nozzle is fine as a 'finisher' on a cool setting. The reason I say use the 2nd nozzle in the pic is because the 'end' is not as wide as the 3rd one - so hence, its more directional - does this make sense? The 3rd one in my personal opinion would have a wider range of drying and you need to concentrate on 'one' area at one time.

Replace the attachment showing on the 'arm' at any time as this is directional also. The second one in the pic will do just as good as this attachment.

The rule of thumb is that we all find our own way and although you are not going to show (are you ?) - we find what is best for the coats - try them and you will know at the end of it which makes the coat lay better - its all trial and error hun xxxxxxxxxxxx
Okeydokey I get the drift about directional drying - this is where my hairdressing comes in lol
Thanks for the heads up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffalicious View Post
WOW - I didn't even know you could get a Lhasa with waves - mine have stick straight hair . My Tzu's have nice natural wave , but it's in the breed standard - I like giving Clemmie a top knot curl , lol . Kirsty
Just goes to show eh???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpram View Post
LOL good choice of camera
Old 08-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Administrator

No probs Karen xxx

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Tootsie has a wavy coat but it straightens the longer it gets. I'm presuming the weight of the length of coat weighs it down.

I've kept Tootsie as a shorty girl, but now growing her coat long. She has not been clipped for 3 months, just a trim. Her hair grows very fast, so hoping to see a mid length reached in 6 mths.

Am I being too ambitious, do you think?

My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes. -
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Administrator

They all grow at different rates Rosie

Old 11-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Well im growing Chloes hair too.... and although she was in full coat many years ago and it was a little wavey now its really wavey LOL I dont think she has one straight hair on her whole body!!