Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Genetics/Faults > Coat Type

Notices
Coat Type Discussions relating to the varying type

Old 05-23-2014, 03:47 PM

Wink New medical condition called 'coat envy' .........

Both Mazie and I have a case of serious 'coat envy' - oh, ok then - I HAVE SERIOUS 'COAT ENVY' (Mazie's not that bothered).

Having tried nearly everything to make Mazie's hair grow longer and thicker - I thought that drastic action was now required, and it was then that I had a lightbulb moment - Doggie Hair Extensions!! Now why hadn't I thought of that before

So off I toddled in search of Lhasa Apso hair extensions - you've guessed it - none available
I was visiting my little niece when I found myself raiding her dressing up box - when I found these!! - oh, ok they're purple - but could I be on to something

What we want, what we really, really want is hair like Lia's gorgeous Honey!!

I might as well face it - It's not going to happen is it!! Looks like I will never be cured of this terrible medical affliction!
It's an affliction that's making Hub International & Petcetera very wealthy with all the thickening lotions & potions i'm buying.

Can anyone guess, it's raining here and i'm bored!
Old 05-23-2014, 04:01 PM

I think that Mazie's coat is beautiful. She is just taking her time to grow it longer although I can see why you envy Honey's coat.

I dont know if the pooch in question is on here but on the facebook group for lhasas I saw one that had a french plait from the hair on her head. It was beautiful. I know I am not good enough at all this grooming to have a long coat on Ruby but I still admire the ones that have one.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Oh Nia lol lol, again you have me in stitches lol and I'm trying my hardest not to laugh as it makes my cough even worse lol ..... let me say that Mazie's coat is not as 'bad' (in your eyes) as you think ... I would love to get a hold of her and just very lightly trim along the edge of the 'drop' for you and then trim around the feet with curved scissors - you wouldn't believe what a difference this would make to balance the whole coat up ... it does take time so you must be patient my friend and I don't think the coat is that much off being in full glory - you are obviously taking great care of it so as long as you are tackling the coat with care and the right tools, I can't see any reason why the coat will not be as you would like it to be ... there is also a technique to drying it 'down' too ... love the photos of the 'extensions' lol and the plaiting is pretty good too

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 05-23-2014, 05:15 PM

Smile

Thank you for being so kind, but I know that Mazie doesn't have the 'correct type' of coat so i'm limited to how good I can make her look - but it won't stop me from trying to achieve the best we can with what God's given us. Plus a little help from Chris Christensen

Because she could knott for knotty ash, this entails having to groom every or every other day and i'm sure that this robs us of coat too.

I am also of the opinion that she hasn't quite bloomed yet, as she has been quite a slow developer, so maybe things will get a bit easier grooming wise in the future. However, she still remains my pretty, petite and precious little pumpkin.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Oh never mind the dogs i want those purple hair extensions!!!!!!! Maize is beautiful hun just as she is xx

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:28 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpram View Post
Oh never mind the dogs i want those purple hair extensions!!!!!!! Maize is beautiful hun just as she is xx
Aaaawwww thanks Rachel. You're welcome to the extensions hun, as Mazie's not that taken with them
She's feeling a little bit sorry for herself this afternoon as she's just come on heat - bless her.

My hubby's one very unlucky man - wife on menopause & dog on heat!! No wonder he said that he was working late !!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
I know that Mazie doesn't have the 'correct type' of coatBecause she could knott for knotty ash, this entails having to groom every or every other day and i'm sure that this robs us of coat too. I am also of the opinion that she hasn't quite bloomed yet, as she has been quite a slow developer. However, she still remains my pretty, petite and precious little pumpkin.
Awww ... how do you know she hasn't got the correct coat type? She could be matting due to coat change and as for maturing some are fast maturers and some are slow maturers ....... my Lexi is just 8 years old and she has only recently in 2013 come into her 'own' ... but the one thing you are definitely right on is that she is 'your pretty, petite and precious little pumpkin'

And as for this lol .... 'My hubby's one very unlucky man - wife on menopause & dog on heat!! No wonder he said that he was working late !!' .......... once again you have cracked me up lol lol lol lol

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 05-23-2014, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
My hubby's one very unlucky man - wife on menopause & dog on heat!! No wonder he said that he was working late !!
you've had me in stitches again!!!!

www.etsy.com/uk/shop/thepetparacordstudio
Handmade paracord leads, collars and other items
Old 05-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Keep em coming...you're cheering me up xxxx
Old 05-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Aaaawwww thanks Rachel. You're welcome to the extensions hun, as Mazie's not that taken with them
She's feeling a little bit sorry for herself this afternoon as she's just come on heat - bless her.

Poor hubby xx

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!