Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Genetics/Faults > Coat Type

Notices
Coat Type Discussions relating to the varying type

Old 05-11-2014, 12:17 PM

Question Weird Coat

Hello people
I have a Apso about 7 months old his coat is a bit odd from his head to roughly half way down his back is long corse hair.But after that it stops quite dramatically and goes all fluffy like cotton wool is this normal??
Old 05-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Hello people
I have a Apso about 7 months old his coat is a bit odd from his head to roughly half way down his back is long corse hair.But after that it stops quite dramatically and goes all fluffy like cotton wool is this normal??
Hi there, do you have a photo please from the side view, from the top (ariel view) and his head ... it would help to actually see his coat the 'standard' of an apso requires the top coat (the guard coat) to be long, heavy and straight but not woolly or silky - the undercoat is softer than the top coat and should be moderate (not overly profuse).

It also depends on the breeding lines behind your apso puppy. I don't have the time at the mo to go through the thousands of photos I have to put one on (sorry) but if you take a look at this apso club link and look at the puppy classes, you will get a good idea as to how the coat should be at this age - hope this helps .... http://www.noelac.org/Gallery%20P7%20L%20Church.html ... look at the Minor Puppy classes in any of the photos in the Gallery dog classes and photos are separate to the bitch photos and classes.

Welcome by the way and can you please introduce yourself in the Introduction Board - cheers

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 05-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Forgot to say that I moved your thread to 'Coat Type' in 'Genetics/Faults' Board

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 05-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Here you go hun ... here is a vid on here with Lyn's puppies ... http://www.lhasa-apso-forums.com/showthread.php?t=3543

Old 05-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Not quite sure hun, would need to see.... xx

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:26 PM

Sorry it's taken so long, these are the best pictures I could get of him (he's not a fan of being still!). And despite what my partner said yesterday, Nacho is 11 months old if that makes a difference - why are men so bad with dates?!

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Sally

Edit: I can't get the photos to show up. Thanks anyway

Last edited by Nacho; 05-12-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Hi Sally how are you trying to load the photos hun? And as for men lol .... Where do I begin lol lol

Old 05-13-2014, 11:46 AM

Hi, I uploaded the photos with the little icon on the reply box, entered the url from facebook but didn't seem to work.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Hi, I uploaded the photos with the little icon on the reply box, entered the url from facebook but didn't seem to work.

The size has to be correct - too big and it wont accept it .... have you tried photobucket? It's free and easy and if I can do it, anyone can lol ..also look at the FAQ bit (at the top) x

Old 05-13-2014, 01:33 PM

Thanks for the help, here are some pics. I think its just his adult coat coming through but its taking a while and Stuart's getting worried its going to stay like this.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]