Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Lhasa Apso Discussions > The Lhasa Apso Forums Recommended Breeders List

Notices
The Lhasa Apso Forums Recommended Breeders List This section is for people who are looking to own a wonderful apso but who needs to find a very reputable breeder who breeds for the type and excellent temperament

Old 11-22-2014, 09:48 PM

Smile colours and prices

hi all ?I am a new comer to this breed and I am searching for a nice Lhasa female puppy to show. And on searching the internet I have seen an advert for black tan and white puppies at £650 ,the breeder says they have bred champions and international champions. though no name. as I can not mention the web site, that they are advertised on . I was wondering if the price is correct and if the colour is permissible I have read the standard but have not seen a black and tan and white ,on any of the club sites, and wouldn't want to make a mistake, as there are so many dodgy breeders on most sites thank you grace
Old 11-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Hi Grace, Lyn a breeder and judge of Lhasa Apsos is best placed to answer and give you advice re show dogs and good reputable breeders. Also Bunch knows a lot about the show world and good reputable greeders, either Lyn or Bunch will answers and guide you asap...

Could you introduce yourself on the introduction threads please, Thanks..xx

My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes. -
Old 11-22-2014, 10:06 PM

Any colour goes really, can you pm one of us with the details and we will advise further! X
Old 11-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Black and tan is a recognised colour, white is also permissible, and im pretty sure I know the litter you are referring to.
The price is fine, I wouldnt quibble that.
Lyn
Old 11-22-2014, 10:45 PM

THANKS LYNN. I just needed some advice as there are so many warnings about byb I wanted to be sure , I think I will make enquiries tomorrow thanks again
Old 11-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE555 View Post
THANKS LYNN. I just needed some advice as there are so many warnings about byb I wanted to be sure , I think I will make enquiries tomorrow thanks again
Just be sure with any puppy you buy that the parents are both eye tested and you see the eye certificates, also if you intend breeding at some stage it may be worth looking on the international lhasa apso congress eye testing site and checking on the status of previous generations.
Breeding is a serious consideration and everything has to be right.
I wish you good luck whatever you decide x
Lyn
Old 11-23-2014, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Just replied to your intro which includes future pups ... and please take on board everything Lyn has said x

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry onĒ