Go Back   Lhasa Apso Forums > Health Issues > Researches/Studies by Professional Bodies

Notices
Researches/Studies by Professional Bodies Please post any new researches and Studies in this board

Old 05-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Arrow Heart Beats

According to a new study, the bond between an owner and their dog is so strong, their hearts actually beat 'as one'.

An Australian research team found that when a dog and an owner spend time together, their heart rates not only fall, but begin to beat in sync. Which proves that, not is having a dog good for our hearts, it's good for theirs too. For the study, three dog owners were fitted with heart monitors to see how their heart rates were affected.

"There was a really strong coherence in the heart rate pattern of both the owner and dog" lead scientist Mia Cobb had said. "Upon being reunited, within the first minute, each heart rhythm became almost directly aligned and we saw a reduction straight away" ...

She added "This project is really a good illustration of what most owners experience every night when they come home from work and are reunited with their companion" ... adding ... "this kind of effect of experiencing a lowered heart rate makes a significant difference to our overall wellbeing"

Given that one in four of us now suffers from stress and anxiety, that special bond you have with a pet can be pretty powerful ...

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 05-28-2016, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Bumping up for reference x

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”

Old 05-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Interesting, i know stroking a dog is meant to bring your heart rate down but didnt know they could sync...

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!
Old 05-28-2016, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Well my sister reckons that mine and Charlie's hair colour is in sync so why not our heart beat too
Old 05-29-2016, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieboy View Post
Well my sister reckons that mine and Charlie's hair colour is in sync so why not our heart beat too
LOL Nick

I was told to get in shape.... Round is a shape!!
Old 05-29-2016, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Like this Nick

Old 05-29-2016, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

There's nothing nicer than snuggling with your fur babe ,so relaxing, I'm not surprised it affects our well being . Nothing beats it xxxx
Old 05-30-2016, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlillytopknot View Post
There's nothing nicer than snuggling with your fur babe ,so relaxing, I'm not surprised it affects our well being . Nothing beats it xxxx
I couldn't have put it any better .......... because this is so true Sue

Old 06-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch View Post
According to a new study, the bond between an owner and their dog is so strong, their hearts actually beat 'as one'.

An Australian research team found that when a dog and an owner spend time together, their heart rates not only fall, but begin to beat in sync. Which proves that, not is having a dog good for our hearts, it's good for theirs too. For the study, three dog owners were fitted with heart monitors to see how their heart rates were affected.

"There was a really strong coherence in the heart rate pattern of both the owner and dog" lead scientist Mia Cobb had said. "Upon being reunited, within the first minute, each heart rhythm became almost directly aligned and we saw a reduction straight away" ...

She added "This project is really a good illustration of what most owners experience every night when they come home from work and are reunited with their companion" ... adding ... "this kind of effect of experiencing a lowered heart rate makes a significant difference to our overall wellbeing"

Given that one in four of us now suffers from stress and anxiety, that special bond you have with a pet can be pretty powerful ...
That's interesting. Next time Archie comes for a cuddle I'll try to see if ours sync

Quote:
xxx

www.etsy.com/uk/shop/thepetparacordstudio
Handmade paracord leads, collars and other items
Old 06-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Administrator

More than likely Elaine .... he is soooooo 'you' x