Thread: Heart Beats
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bunch View Post
According to a new study, the bond between an owner and their dog is so strong, their hearts actually beat 'as one'.

An Australian research team found that when a dog and an owner spend time together, their heart rates not only fall, but begin to beat in sync. Which proves that, not is having a dog good for our hearts, it's good for theirs too. For the study, three dog owners were fitted with heart monitors to see how their heart rates were affected.

"There was a really strong coherence in the heart rate pattern of both the owner and dog" lead scientist Mia Cobb had said. "Upon being reunited, within the first minute, each heart rhythm became almost directly aligned and we saw a reduction straight away" ...

She added "This project is really a good illustration of what most owners experience every night when they come home from work and are reunited with their companion" ... adding ... "this kind of effect of experiencing a lowered heart rate makes a significant difference to our overall wellbeing"

Given that one in four of us now suffers from stress and anxiety, that special bond you have with a pet can be pretty powerful ...
That's interesting. Next time Archie comes for a cuddle I'll try to see if ours sync

Originally Posted by charlieboy View Post
Well my sister reckons that mine and Charlie's hair colour is in sync so why not our heart beat too
The Lhasa Apso............It's all about attitude!!