View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Thank you Elaine (67) for your feedback on this. We need to hear what people go through when approaching the so called 'assured breeders'. Let me say that the KC are at fault here because they are letting anyone joined the Assured Breeders Scheme without checking the most important points ....... if they had checked, the 'breeder' you mention would NOT have been allowed to be accepted onto this list. The reasons given are pathetic to say the least! Neither know what GPRA is, neither know the Assured Breeders Scheme means and both were so clueless it beggars belief!

And as for 'scare mongering vets' lol lol this is a big joke because your 'everyday vet' does NOT (and cannot) perform tests for GPRA !!! I could roll over laughing because they know zip! It has to be a qualified Canine Ophthalmologist who can test for GPRA.

And the prices charged for these pups are astronomical !!! The KC (in my opinion) have a lot to answer for!

Sue, thank you for the compliments - much appreciated. We all remember Tinks' story very well. We remember those early days when it was touch and go and we didn't know what we were going to read upon logging-on onto the forum each day. Thank god she is stable albeit her problem will always be a worry .. which it should not be if there were not such thing as BYB's. Tink didn't deserve this. Tink and her condition will always be in the back of our minds as you know.

Rachel, your words are so true. Dear little Chloe .... she did not deserve this either .... and her so called 'breeder' should be shot !!!

Dogs are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms, they love us purely and loyally no matter what - they give us the strength to carry on”